CSI CyberSEED 2017 – Call for Presentations and Panels
CyberSEED is the annual security conference organized by the Comcast Center of Excellence for Security Innovation at the University of Connecticut. CyberSEED brings together industry leaders, academic researchers and government officials to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
In the same academic setting, dozens of universities and colleges compete in unique cybersecurity challenges for prizes. In 2016, CyberSEED brought together more than 400 participants, 40 speakers, and 50 student teams.
For 2017, CyberSEED is soliciting presentations (25 minutes and 50 minutes) and panel proposals (50 minutes) from both academic and industry researchers on a range of security issues. We will select approximately 12 talks and four panels. We welcome submissions in a number of areas, with a special focus on:
- Privacy (by-design)
- Consumer Drones
- Smart Contracts
- Machine Learning
- Security Abstraction for Novice Users
- Insider Threat
- Crowdsourced Pen Testing
- Collaborative Development of Standards & Best Practices
- Biometric Authentication & It’s Limitations
- Quantum Computing
- Post-quantum cryptography
Presentation proposals must be limited to 300-500 words. They must contain a description of the problem, your approach to a solution, proposed or implemented methodology, and an overview of the results. The proposal must be accompanied by a biography of no more than 150 words.
Panel proposals must be limited to 300-500 words and no more than three panelists. They must contain a description of the topic and examples of the kinds of questions raised in the panel. Each proposal must also contain the names, affiliations, and biopics (~150 words) of all the panelists and the moderator.
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates and Information
Call for Papers Opens: May 1, 2017
Call for Papers Closes: June 15, 2017
Notification to Authors: August 15, 2017
Conference Dates: October 19-20, 2017
Location: University of Connecticut, Rome Commons Ballroom, 626 Gilbert Road Ext., Storrs, CT 06269
- Researchers must submit the talk on their own behalf. Marketing firms or PR agents are not acceptable.
- No vendor pitches.
- The decision of the review board is final.
- Researchers may submit multiple proposals.
- Submissions accompanied by links to published work or presentations will be given preference.
- The conference does not provide legal consultation or support. Please ensure that your work complies with extant legal regimes. The conference organizers do not own legal responsibility for any disclosures in your presentation.
The review board comprises of the faculty at University of Connecticut and employees at Comcast Cable.
Published: April 21, 2017